Magic Bus is a powered bus board for Eurorack and Tile systems. It features a battery-friendly 9-18 VDC input range and is capable of delivering up to 1000 mA on both the +/-12 V rails.
The Magic Bus ships as a turn key system and includes: bus board, line-lump power supply, and input barrel jack. The Tile power connectors can be removed if they are not required.
There are 10x 16-pin shrouded Eurorack connectors, and 16x 3-pin polarized Tile Power connectors.
The input power comes pre-wired to a 5.5 x 2.1 mm center-positive DC barrel jack. It is connected to the bus board via screw terminals, so you can swap in your own wiring if necessary. All of the bus board wires are also available on screw terminals for distribution: CV, Gate, +5 V, +12 V, GND, and -12 V.
The bus board measures 200 x 50 mm (7.9" x 2") and has 6x mounting holes for M2.5 or #4-40 hardware. The barrel connector has a diameter of just over 0.5" and was picked for it's long bushing which can be mounted on wood up to 1/4" thick.
Included is a 12 V, 3.3 A center positive line-lump power supply. Similar power supplies or batteries may be used in the range of 9-18 V. Required amperage/wattage depends on actual load, contact us for support. The input features a polyfuse which will open if excessive current is drawn in the event of an emergency.
There are 4x 15 cm Tile Splitters mounted on the front of the bus board which power 8x Tiles, and 4x 30 cm Tile Splitter mounted on the rear of the bus board to power another 8x Tiles. The longer 30 cm cables help power a fairly wide row of Tiles.
- Battery friendly 9-18 VDC input
- Robust 1000 mA per +/-12 V rail
- 10x Eurorack 16-pin shrouded headers
- 16x Tile 3-pin power connectors
- 8x on 15cm Tile Splitters
- 8x on 30cm Tile Splitters
- Included 5.5 x 2.1 DC barrel jack
- Included 3.3 A @ 12 V line-lump supply
- 200 x 50 mm (7.9" x 2")
- 6x mounting holes for #4-40 or M2.5
- Power connection: 3-pin polarized Tile Power
- Power connection: 16-pin shrouded Eurorack
- Power +12 V: 1000 mA (1 A)
- Power -12 V: 1000 mA (1 A)
- Power +5 V: 0 mA (see Freelunch accessory)